Friday, July 22, 2011

Celebrity Crush: Chris Evans as Captain America

Here's what I didn't say in my 3-star review of "Captain America: The First Avenger."

Hubba-hubba.

I know. It's a dorky, old-fashioned way to ogle a member of the opposite sex (or same sex, if that works better for you). But it seems entirely appropriate for a movie that takes place in an era when words like "dame" and "gams" are being thrown about.

It's also a reflection of how articulate I felt when I first saw Chris Evans emerge from the experimental sarcophagus as Captain America. OK, OK, he's shirtless in the scene, which is entirely designed to make the women in the audience (and in the scene) swoon, and the men re-up their gym memberships.

But as the film marches on and Evans remains clothed and presumably virginal, he only gets more breathtaking. Or maybe I just like a man in uniform (not the one that involves tights, though he carries that off pretty well too).

No comments:

Post a Comment