Thursday, July 28, 2011

Whatever Will I Wear?

In today's Night & Day section, you'll find my preview of the La Jolla Fashion Film Festival, taking place this Friday and Saturday. While the event is centered around two nights of short films screened at the Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla, the gathering itself is all about the fashionistas it hopes to draw.

My interest in fashion falls under two essential categories -- comfort and cost. And my wardrobe reflects that. So the thought of actually attending the festival didn't even cross my mind. That is, until the festival's director, Fred Sweet, simply insisted that I find something funky to throw on and be a part of the festivities. What can I say? He's very convincing.

But I wasn't going to go without some support, so I reached out to my two fashionable friends (at least they are compared to me) and invited each to be my plus one for the festival's two night run. If they can't help to elevate my look, then at the very least I'll be with people who looks like they belong there.

Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying the scenery as I'm sure there will be plenty of quality people watching. Isn't that what fashion is all about -- getting people to look at you?

No comments:

Post a Comment