Friday, July 20, 2012

"Tsk, tsk," says Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne would be ashamed.* 

How dare a group of Batman zealots bully and berate innocent people (even if they are critics) in his name?  

Or perhaps there's something more sinister taking place? Because, really, why would annyone -- even a rabid fanboy troll--issue a death threat because of a negative review of "The Dark Knight Rises?" My theory? Maybe these internet thugs are just the first wave of Bane's anarchist army, coming to destroy Gotham -- I mean, America-- by rotting it from the inside out?

Or maybe it's just that some of the fanboys and girls still have that post Comic-Con adrenaline pumping through their veins. You know what might cure that? A short walk away from the computer, to the outside world, where the sun is shining and people are going about living their actual lives.

I wonder if any of their bile will make it to the comments section of my review? I only knocked off one star, but I had the audacity to point out some of the film's obvious flaws. Because, you know, that's my job.

*I wrote this post just hours before the tragic shooting in Aurora, CO. I can't even imagine what Bruce Wayne would say (or do, more likely) about that. My heart goes out to everyone affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment